Rainy Day Activities In Sheffield
Lets face it, even in summer we don't know whether it will rain or shine. Here are a few activities for those rainy days that wont break the bank.
1. Swimming. With so many swimming baths to choose from, here are just a few.
Stocksbridge Leisure Centre has an Inflatable Splash Session on a wed afternoon 1.30-3pm. This is for children 8+ yrs it does look fun and costs £3.50 per session. Click here for more info.
Heeley Pool has family swim sessions on Tues, Thur and Fridays 11am-12noon, and on a Sunday 12.45-1.30 at Heeley, sat 1-1.45 Springs Leisure Centre and Sat 1.30- 215 at Concord there is a Disney Themed Swim session for ages 3-11yrs. The current theme is Toy story! Click here for more info.
2. The Mill House Play Cafe is a new brand new concept in children's play. It is a creative indoor play cafe with a salon, fire station, construction area, emergency room and more. The food is all homemade. It is open 9.30-6pm and costs £6 for 1+yrs, £3 3 months -1yr and babies under 3 months go free. Click here for info
3. Mr Barnes Farm at Manor Lodge. They now have animal petting sessions 11-4pm. Its £1 and children under 2 yrs are free. We haven't been yet so I don't know how much of it is under cover but worth checking out if only light rain. You can park on site for free or if you want to make a full day of it you could get the bus or tram and walk through the meadow to get there. Click here for more info.
4. Winter Gardens. I love this place and its free. There are often lots of activities on over the summer for toddlers, if not why not take a look around and the galleries too. Click here for more info.
5. Weston Park Museum is still my favorite for toddlers. Free entry and a picnic area upstairs if you want to keep if cheap. There are lots of free events over the summer for the under 5's. I still get ushered into the shop though by the kids on the way out!! Click here for info